Recyclers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are you? Who? Who? - Who? Who?

Go down

Who are you? Who? Who? - Who? Who? Empty Who are you? Who? Who? - Who? Who?

Post  TranzendentalArts Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello out there -

I thought I'd try to start a new thread to get acquainted with the team - I'm brand new to etsy and brand new to the team. Love to hear about other team members and find out who is currently *really* active and wants to exchange information, ideas and support Smile

I'm Cynthia, I live in Lawrence, Kansas and I'm a theatre director/designer/artist. I've been doing recycled art for as long as I can remember and I have always had a strong desire and drive to re-purpose things in everything I create. My house is full of 'supplies' as I am addicted to saving things that others are going to throw away. I see it as the non-food equivalent to "are you gonna eat that?" and I'm ok with it Wink

I like to dissemble items and use every bit possible. I use lots of neckties and sweaters currently and I've been salvaging everything from fabric, banding, labels and even thread (most ties have really nice, strong thread holding them together at the back that I use to sculpt my roses).

I started my etsy shop with hats and thought I'd be "up and rolling" in time for Christmas - which didn't really happen. I'm now trying to make sure I have enough stock and enough visibility to make a mark in the Valentine's Day market. I have been crafting "Eternal Silk Roses" out of silk neckties in red for the more traditional V-Day gifts - but I hope to have some in yellow for friendship, pink for gratitude and appreciation, blue for desire and mystery, lavendar for love at first site and, if I get to it, black for exes!

I'd love to exchange shop critiques, ideas and support with anyone/everyone out there - so give me a shout if you're interested!

Cheers,

Cynthia
Tranzendental Arts
Cynthetic Styles

TranzendentalArts

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum